Fall is in full swing and that means it is finally time for all things pumpkin! Pumpkin spice lattes. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin beer. Pumpkin soup. And pumpkin everything else!
I love pumpkin but I hate cooking it. I admit I am lazy and sometimes cheat by buying the canned stuff. Roasting and pureeing a pumpkin is annoying! Still, it is always better to support your local farmers by purchasing their pumpkins and roasting them yourself.
One reason pumpkins are so great is that they are versatile. They can be used in sweet or savory dishes and are equally acceptable at breakfast or dinner. Not to mention they are very good for you. And how many foods are you actually encouraged to play with before you eat it? Go get a pumpkin, carve a scary face in it and then throw it in the oven to roast. Don’t forget to save and roast the seeds!
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins (Gimme Some Oven)
- Skinny Pumpkin Frappuccino (Sally’s Baking Addiction)
- Pumpkin Mac n Cheese (BHG)
- Almond Butter Pumpkin Brownies (This Primal Life) – I have made these many times. They are delicious and easy and only require 5 ingredients! I made them for a Halloween party and no one could tell they were grain/dairy/refined-sugar free. They are Laura’s favorite fall dessert.
- Bacon & Pumpkin Pasta (Pinch of Yum)
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats (Use Real Butter) – If nothing else, go look at the pictures of her adorable dog!
- Black Bean Pumpkin Soup (Smitten Kitchen)
- Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi (Simply Recipes)
- Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili (Skinny Taste) – I’ve made this one and it is excellent.
- Pumpkin Chai Latte (Texanerin)
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds with Chili and Lime (Nourished Kitchen)